Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Quotes >

"God loves to save the most despicable kinds of people."
 
This quote is from a sermon by Art Azurdia. He continues,

"And that was certainly true in my case. In getting me, God wasn't getting something good. In getting me, God wasn't getting anything special. In getting me, God wasn't getting anything that would add to Him or benefit Him in any way, shape, or form. Have you forgotten, by chance, the sewer out of which God rescued you?"

Behold, the love of God. When we come to Him, we bring our selfishness, our lusts, our wretchedness. He takes us as His children, to restore us to Himself, to teach us to worship Him. He gains nothing from it, except that which is beyond earthly comprehension - that He is glorified by this display of boundless mercy and patient love.

I am the worst of sinners! Let me serve this God, who sent His own Son to pay for my rebellion.


1 comment:

James Dunn said...

Amen, Ezra! I was going back and reading your old blog entries, and thought I would leave a comment on this one. Praise God for the mercy and love He has been pleased to show us!